WHAT CLASSES ARE AVAILABLE FOR MY CHILD?
Click link to go to the Class Schedule page: https://www.rhythmelements.com/fall-class-schedule-2023-2024
On this page you can "download the schedule" to see the names of classes, day/time and age ranges. For a description of classes, click this link:http://www.rhythmelements.com/class-descriptions
STUDENTS WHO ARE NEW TO DANCE, WHERE SHOULD THEY BEGIN?
We recommend starting with ballet, which is the foundation for most dance disciplines. Ballet gives dancers a solid base of technique which leads to success in other styles of dance.
WHAT ARE THE MONTHLY TUITION FEES?
To view the monthly tuition fees, please click link: https://rhythmelements.com/tuition
Monthly tuition is due the 1st of each month. We do not send out monthly bills, nor do we provide auto-draft. A late fee of $10.00 will be assessed after the 7th of the month. There is a $35.00 returned check fee.
DO YOU OFFER FREE TRIAL CLASSES?
No, we do not offer Free Trial Classes. First time students can contact us to set up a $15.00 Introductory Class. If a student register for the class, the fee is applied towards the class tuition for that month.
WHEN IS COSTUME PAYMENT DUE?
Costume fee is due in December. Costumes will be ordered by January to ensure delivery in time for the annual Spring Dance Showcase. For each dance that your child participates in on the stage, a different costume will be needed. Fundraiser credit may be applied to your costume fee.
WHAT IS A SHOWCASE PARTICIPATION FEE?
The Showcase Participation fee is $35.00 per family. This amount will help defray the cost of venue rental, dressing rooms, insurance, backdrop, programs, light and sound technician and more. The paid fee will entitle each family to receive four (4) Showcase Tickets.
WHAT QUESTIONS SHOULD I BE ASKING WHEN CHOOSING A DANCE STUDIO?
1. Do you Participate in Dance Competitions? Currently, we have two non competing performance companies, Rhythm Storm Dance Team and Rhythm Storm Tap Dance Team. The Rhythm Storm Tap Dance Team consist of teens and adults. Rhythm Storm offer the opportunity for our young dancers and adult dancers to participate in a higher level of training. We are proud to say that our enrichment students who dance 'just for fun' receive the best training and dance foundation as all the rest of our students. Our enrichment students and Rhythm Storm Dance Teams often perform together in shows to everyone's benefit and delight.
2. What is the Quality of Dance Education? All of our classes are professionally designed from a unified curriculum to be age and level appropriate. Rhythm Elements teachers attend workshops and classes to continue their training, and keep up with the latest developments in the dance industry. Our Studio Director oversees the studio curriculum and ensures that teachers are meeting the needs of each individual student. In addition, we have an Artistic Director who provide creative guidance and support to the faculty and students.
3. What Type Of Floor Is Used? Floating floors and sprung floors are the flooring of choice for many dance studios. We use floating floors that provide lateral foot support and a springy energy absorbent surface. This serves to reduce vibration on the knee joints after impact.
4. What Is The Performance Philosophy? A lot of studios only offer a once a year recital. We feel that students need regular performances to hone their skills, build their confidence and just enjoy the fun side of dance. We produce a Winter show and a Spring Dance Showcase. Students can also participate in various community performances and parades throughout the year. For our experienced dancers, Georgia is home to a lot of Hollywood film and television productions that students can audition for. We prepare our students for auditions.
5. Can I Get Immediate Assistance And Service? Our studio have front desk administrators on hand to support our studio families and teaching staff. Parents and students receive immediate assistance.
ARE FUNDRAISERS AVAILABLE?
Yes! Credits earned through participating in fundraisers will be issued directly to individual accounts and can be used for any charges posted to the account. Your account is credited for the full amount of profit the fundraiser company offers. You have the option of paying fees to make up fundraiser cost if you do not want to participate in fundraisers.
WHERE CAN I FIND CLASSROOM REQUIRED DANCEWEAR?
Covington Dance and More located at 1108 Washington Street SW, Covington, GA 30014. Please call them at (404) 804-6633 for their store hours.
Rhythm Elements can also order dancewear and shoes for you.
DO YOU OFFER DANCE CLASSES FOR ADULTS?
Yes, absolutely. There are so many awesome benefits for adults to dance such as gaining strength, flexibility, balance, endurance, improved self-confidence, and positive body image, and socializing/making new friends. Plus, dancing is just plain fun at any age! Students in the adult classes have the option to perform at our Winter and Spring Dance Showcases and community events.
IS PRIVATE INSTRUCTION AVAILABLE?
Yes, all of our instructors can provide private lessons upon appointment. For pricing and information, please view this link: https://rhythmelements.com/tuition
WILL CLASSES BE JAM-PACKED?
No. We make it a policy to cap our classes at 8-10 students per class. Sometimes we’ll go over 1 or 2 students unexpectedly, but we’ll open an additional class so that all students are benefited, and receive the individual care and attention they deserve. COVID-19 virus guidelines will be in place to ensure the safety of our students and staff. We limit the size of our classes.
ARE ACTING CLASSES AVAILABLE FOR YOUTHS AND ADULTS?
We have acting classes for beginners to actors with experience. Ages 7 to adult can discover their creative potential through stage acting and on-camera. Acting classes are a perfect way for youths and adults to build confidence, improve social skills, learn the value of your creativity and self-expressions. Students can act just for fun or to pursue a Show Biz career.
DO YOU OFFER SUMMER CLASSES, WORKSHOPS, DANCE INTENSIVE?
Yes! Join us each summer for an exciting and fun two months of activities in June and July along with specialized workshops and intensive in dance, and stretch/leaps/turns.
WHAT ARE YOUR COVID-19 POLICIES?
Disinfecting all areas. Students and parents have the option to wear or not wear masks. Using hand sanitizer before and after class. Regularly cleaning high touch areas. Social distancing practiced in class. Water bottles only - water cooler not available. Dressing rooms closed to dancers, students will dress at home. Dancers are encouraged to wear a cover-up to and from the studio as desired. Only dance bag allowed inside studio - lockers and cubbies are off limits.
WHAT ARE YOUR STUDIO POLICIES FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS?
At Rhythm Elements Dance Studio, we are striving for a positive and respectful environment for everyone. Please click link to see our Studio Rules and Policies: https://rhythmelements.com/rules-and-policies